I liked the look of the box that Christopher Schwarz posted about here:
And so I made one (two, actually). I think the sketchup model has an error in it, but more on that later. Anyway, here is take one:
I used cedar. In this case, fence boards. I hunted through the whole stack to find the clean ones. Not bad for $2 per 6' board. I let them dry out for eight weeks or so. Still, some were still a bit wet, so had to move carefully. I really like this design. Finger joints are actually harder to cut than dovetails in a way, but I always like learning a new skill. Also, cedar can be a pain. It can also be quite lovely. We move ever onward!