Monday, November 28, 2011

Erratum: Phil is not Peter

In my recent post about artisinal toolmakers, I made an embarrassing mistake by listing the holdfasts I had made by Phil Koontz (or, intriguingly, possibly made by Phil's partner "Jake the Russian") as made by Peter Ross.  Peter's work has a great reputation, and hence it was in my bookmark file.  When I scanned for "P", his url popped up and it sounded correct in my haste.  This is no excuse; it is merely the explanation.  I do hope that anyone interested in handmade metalworks will visit the sites of both of these smiths and see what they can do for you.

I had Peter's site marked because I would love to take one of his classes about making metal name stamps at The Woodwright's School one of these days.

Deep apologies to both men for the confusion.  I owe you both a few days of floor sweeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment